Saturday, August 7, 2010

Megan Fox deserved a better script

Uhh, umm, where am I? What's happening? Why am I here on Friday? I never appear Friday! How the ....? Okay, I mean it this time: No more tequila!

Oh wait. Now I remember. No more Sunday paper, but I got rescued in the lifeboat called Friday, and so now I'm appearing Tuesday through Saturday. Now I get it.

Hmmm, this calls for a celebration. Who's got a lime and some salt?

Megan Fox is the new spokesbabe for Armani cosmetics.

Here's her quote: "Mr. Armani is an iconic visionary for all things fashion. I'm honoured to be associated with him and part of this campaign."

Isn't that about the dullest most inane quote you've ever seen for an endorsement deal? Why are highly paid PR people so inept when it comes to writing scripts for celebs for occasions like this?

Apparently. the rules are:

1) Always praise the guy who writes the cheque, and

2) Don't worry too hard about trying to sound like you mean it.

Really, what would it sound like if they said what they really think?: "Geez, a huge cheque, extra publicity, I look great in the pictures, there's some free travel and I get all the perfume/purses/shoes/ whatever that I can handle, free. I'm so glad I got into acting instead of going to cosmeticians' school like my mom wanted."

There's no quote yet from British model/actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, who was just named the new face of Burberry, the British label. Maybe she's embarrassed; the British coverage suggests that a lot of people are surprised that the company abruptly dropped Emma Watson, hired just a year ago.

Today's conversation-starter: Maggie Gyllenhaal explains, to Good Housekeeping mag, one of the reasons she and Peter Sarsgaard are a happy couple:

"A part of my life, a part of my mind, has to be devoted to my husband ... I've just been finding so much pleasure in sacrificing sometimes for my husband -going to where he's working and tidying up his trailer because he couldn't manage to do it, and bringing him things that will make him feel better, and being a wife in a more classical way. It feels really right to me."

Spotlight couple: Daniel Radcliffe is dating the stepdaughter of Harry Potter producer David Heyman, says the Daily Mail, in England.

Remember when Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark, the hot, young hunk rapper?

Man, you're old!

Here's what the actor said when Time mag asked him which contemporary singer he might like to make a rap track with: "If Justin Bieber asks me, I'll say yes. Only because my daughter loves him."

That'd be Ella Rae, the oldest of his four kids. She turns 7 next month. Wahlberg is 39.

Quote of the day: Jimmy Kimmel talks about the Discovery Channel's Shark Week:

"Shark attacks on humans are very rare. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to be attacked by Charlie Sheen than a shark."

montrealgazette

No comments:

alex rodriguez joslyn morse

alex rodriguez joslyn morse

Labels

Sexy Famous Celebrity